Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Festivities

Well the holidays are sneaking up on me very rapidly. We almost have everything bought. We have a gift or two to get Korben and Julianna. Trenton is all done. I am just waiting on a package which should be here by tomorrow. *fingers crossed*
Korben had a two hour school day today. So he was back home by 10am. Let me tell you, I love my kids but man can they be loud and obnoxious when they are in the same room. They just can't get along with one another. Julianna fusses about a toy that Korben may have and he certainly will not let her see it. So she retaliates and will scream her pretty head. Then you have Korben screaming at her to shut up and it will go back and forth till they are both blue in the face. I know they are siblings and they will fight, but they just are not happy with one another for more than 5 minutes in the same room. Oh and Julianna will throw a fit if Trenton happens to grab one of her toys off the floor. She will come up and snatch if right out of his hands, which leads to Trenton whimpering and looking at me to rescue him from the mean old sister.
Oh I got side tracked. I was talking about the upcoming holidays wasn't I? Well Christmas Eve evening we will be going to Matt's Aunt's house on his mother's side. They will have a dinner there. No presents exchanging this year since so many are tight with cash this year. I think no presents is a wonderful idea. They usually do a gift exchange between everyone but there is no need to. Matt's Mom asked for other suggestions and I did tell her that my family does a Ornament Exchange. Either you buy an ornament or make one and you put all the wrapped ornaments in a basket and you pick out however many your brought. Its fun and you get new ornaments for your tree! SO I am not sure if they will do that or not.
Then Christmas afternoon we will be going to Matt's Mom's house to eat. I will be bringing the desserts and the sausage balls. The kids will get to open their gifts and hopefully we get our family picture printed out so we can give that to Matt's Mom. I need to do something else for her, gotta write myself a note so I don't forget!
Ahh gotta get some things done around the house before Trenton wakes up. Matt is taking us somewhere after he gets off of work. Its a surprise!

No comments: